CARTERS COVE MARINA
Carters Cove Marina, a family owned marina, is located on land that was a portion of a Land Grant by King Charles II of England in 1642. The Supreme Court of Virginia, in a recent ruling, noting ownership, including the submerged lands, to "those having been conveyed to each successive owner since that time", of which we are proudly one.
Carters Cove was the center of commerce and transportation for Robert “King” Carter, once the richest and most powerful man in Colonial Virginia. He had Carters Cove dredged and maintained at a depth of 9 ft. so he could tow barges loaded with bricks from the Cove to help build his signature work, Historic Christ Church. The 9 ft. depth is still a prime advantage of Carter’s Cove Marina, offering easy navigation and dockage for sailboats and large powerboats.
The Abbott family, owners of Carters Cove Marina continue the family business, Abbott Brothers Seafood, keeping the facility much like its been since the 1920’s. The oyster house was used for shucking and packing oysters in the winter months and to shed soft shell crabs in the summer months. In 1996, Gerald began seeking permission to construct a marina on the property; ten years later, it became a reality.
Carters Cove Marina offers the best features available in marina facilities: wide docks, full-length, wide stable finger piers, easy access, modern pump-out, climate controlled restrooms, showers and laundry. Substantial vehicle parking, and other amenities for its guests.
The Abbott family invites you to visit this beautiful and historic spot.
Copyright 2016 ~ The Rochester Group ~ All Rights Reserved
347 Carters Cove Drive
Weems, Virginia 22576-2716
Office ~ (804) 438-5299
76°26'36".26 ~ 37°39'37".39